COTE DE TEXAS: THE SKIRTED ROUNDTABLE WITH JOE RUGGIERO

THE SKIRTED ROUNDTABLE WITH JOE RUGGIERO

Since I got behind on writing about the Skirted Roundtable, I am trying to catch up, first last week with Jamie Drake, The King of Color – our first “live” interview, and now, this week with Joe Ruggiero, The King of All Trades!  If you are like me, you first became acquainted with the warm and very friendly Ruggiero through HGTV.   He had numerous shows that ran on the channel, but the most popular was probably Homes Across America where he presented some of the most beautiful houses that ever were seen on that channel.  Each week, with a sweater on his shoulder, he gave his viewers a history lesson and a design lesson, all tied into one. 

`

image

Remember his trademark sweater?  I must have liked it because for years I never left the house without one slung over my shoulders!

 

 

image

Joe, today, sans the sweater!

 

Talking with Joe about his start in the design business could take hours.  He’s done so many different things –  worn so many different hats, it’s remarkable.  He was in advertising and then ended up at Ethan Allen for 15 years which he followed up with a stint as editor-in-chief of Home Magazine.   He was also a national spokesman for  Glidden and Kohler.  After working on This Old House, he landed on HGTV where his national profile skyrocketed.   Now he has his own company The Joe Ruggiero collection where he designs furniture, fabric, lighting, and even art work. 

 

 

 

image

Joe’s upholstery line is all covered in his own sunbrella fabrics.  I really like that fabric on the ottoman – reminds me of the trendy feedbag look!

 

 

image

 

The Barrymore – I love this chair in Joe’s line.    This one fabric amazed me that it was sunbrella.  It looks like a silk. 

This is such an elegant chair – it looks much more than it costs.

 

 

image

Love these Carrington chairs and especially the ikat sunbrella fabric.

 

 

image

The Tribeca sofa is really nice.  But, the price points are even better.  Everything is so reasonable!!

 

 

 

image

This picture featuring the sofa, the Litchfield, reminds me of an interior Alessandra Branca once did.  I really like the table – this is his design too, as well as the lamps.

 

 

image

I really love that striped sunbrella.  His sunbrella damask fabric also covers the screen.

 

 

 

image

But without a doubt, the chair and ottoman was my personal favorite!   Love love love it!!!!!  Soo cute.

 

 

If you haven’t already listened, please do.  Joe was really inspiring, plus he was so very, very nice, very encouraging and extra warm! 

After talking with him, it’s understandable why he’s been so successful.  He just has that “it” factor.

 

To listen to Joe Ruggiero on The Skirted Roundtable, go HERE

 

To visit Joe Ruggiero’s web site, go HERE.

 

 

27 comments :

  1. I loved his show on HGTV! Look forward to hearing SRT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Joe so much! "Homes Across America" was such a "class act"...HGTV has so gone downhill since...pity. Thanks for interviewing and sharing. franki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joni,

    I think you are the one to start a campaign to get HGTV to rerun the Homes Across America series. By far, the best show they ever produced.

    Through your blog, I'm sure you could get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can NOT wait to listen to this podcast!! I think that "Homes Across America" was hands-down THE best show ever on HGTV. I don't even watch the channel anymore...
    The furniture line is beautiful! I am thrilled for his success!

    joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gentleman is so good at marketing communications, but his design skills have been underrated, IMO. That first skirted chair is really subtle. And those standard lamps are a lot like Saladino's, but likely at a price point a normal person could afford! Practical elegance for the middle class-- that's what I've been asking for. Thanks, Joni, please can we see more like this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, gorgeous pictures! Loving the furniture and I'm going to listen to this interview now. Love "The skirted Roundtable".

    Have a wonderful day, Joni!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joni!
    I'm sure you already know about this, but there is a group on FB called Bring Back to TV " Homes Across America". Let's all echo that call. Perhaps HGTV, or someone else will take notice and bring back the one show I really enjoyed on HGTV. And I agree with you, Joe is obviously a great guy with taste and talent to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's interesting how the convex mirror has been twisted, so that the "keystones" are at the unusual angles to those that you would normally expect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited to listen! I heart that chair and ottoman too! So gorgeous...Thank you for sharing!

    Hugs, Meme

    BTW, LOVED the movie!!! But that was extremely hard to watch the abuse of Rosie, the elephant...My heart broke to know that is how it was and probably in some cases, how it is today. It was touching and had a great ending...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish that HGTV would have more decorating show like they use to.. I miss them...

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joe’s furniture line is beautiful and I’ve been a fan of his forever! I’m off to listen to the skirted roundtable while I sew!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for such nice comments. I encourage you to call Miles Talbott Furniture for information on the products at 336-885-7500.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joni,

    I have gotten behind on listening to the SRT. I am planning on catching up while driving to Santa Fe this week! Looking forward to some great listening!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of his furniture! I think the fabrics look like a child could play around them and they'd be durable enough to withstand the abuse! Perfect!
    xoxo
    Lila Ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Post! Are you listening HGTV?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for this informative discussion. I've got to find who sells his sofas here in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love his line, and I too am surprised that these pieces are covered with Sunbrella. Just lovely.
    Hope that all is well with you, Joni.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved his show...never missed a one...and what a great voice he has for T.V.

    Really love his furniture design...thank you for sharing him with us!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this beautiful line... collections are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Joni...you inspired a post...:)

    http://thescreamingmeme.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-baby-very-own-robert-pattinson.html

    I am also having a giveaway series starting today...

    Hugs,Meme

    ReplyDelete
  21. louis vuitton uk are diversified in various kinds, handbags, backpacks, portable bags, purses, wallets and pouches. All kinds are popular among the whole word people.louis vuitton Store Online Handbags can also bring great accuracy as well as practical applicability and fashionable.Have you ever dreamed of being as charming as Madonna? Have you ever thought of becoming an envy of all your friends? If so, come to louis vuitton outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. At the coach outlet online you have the largest selection of the day. If you touch the item and like it, keep it in your possession until you make your final decision.The coach factory outlet has been in business for many years. You can log in to find more information about its products and services.You know, Coach items are so perfect and fascinating. Now I grow up, and find coach outlet on the Internet offering affordable products with reliable quality.

    ReplyDelete
  23. There certainly are a amount of methods to acquire affordable coach products at coach factory outlet,it could possibly the most effective options.the most vital cause may be the reality that you simply can purchase genuine coach products at there.It is believed that you will like the products on the coach factory online. There are spacious sizes and different colors, styles and so on.in the market you definitely can find various colorways that are designed in as well as the high quality that applied in. For most of you would like to come. So just come to our coach factory outlet online store to choose one.

    ReplyDelete