COTE DE TEXAS: Guardian Statue by Annechovie

Guardian Statue by Annechovie

My very second post to my blog, Cote de Texas, was entitled Concrete Statuary and in case you missed it, this was the post:



My favorite shape is the urn, as in a crusty, old, concrete garden urn. I love placing urns inside the house with or without something inside of them. Another accessory I love using inside the house is garden statuary. This lady has been guarding my front window for many years. She is not an antique, but a copy of one. She is concrete, of course. I abhor all those "light weight" fake concrete items on the market today and would rather pull my back out moving real concrete than using the faux thing. My lady had been in the corner of the window for years, but recently I moved her to the middle of my window, framed softly by the silk curtains. She's much happier now that she can be easier seen.

Ok, ok, like I said, it was one of my first posts! Hopefully they got better along the way. Truthfully though, I've always liked that post because I adore the picture that accompanies it. I like the way the statue is framed in the draperies, I like the lighting, the glimpse of my tree outside the window - I was proud I had taken this picture.

And so, when I noticed that quite a few of the design bloggers were having an artist paint a special vignette, I wanted a painting too! The question became, of what? Style Court had had her newly upholstered chair immortalized, Patricia Gray chose to have a client's room painted, and online, there were renderings of pictures from design magazines that I liked. The artist behind this work is none other than Anne Harwell, aka, annechovie. Anne takes commissions for her renderings of interiors in the Mark Hampton style, but she also does exteriors or anything else you might want. If you have a special "view" you like or perhaps you have something else in mind you would like painted, Anne is more than happy to work with you to create exactly what you want. She's very pleasant to work with, sweet, kind, and most importantly patient while you make your final decision. My experience with Anne was first rate and I highly recommend her. To see all the work she has posted online, visit her Etsy store here. Below, is Anne's lovely vision of my guardian statute.



Anne, thank you so much, I adore my piece and I am most grateful to you!


Joni

11 comments :

  1. Joni
    What a wonderful painting Anne has done for you. She has captured the subject perfectly with a minimun of strokes. I also am so pleased with the painting she did for me.
    http://patriciagrayinc.blogspot.com/2007/08/anne-harwell.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's just so lovely the statue and the painting! Anne did a fantastic job, thanks for sharing :)

    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very good painting !!
    I love your picture , and the way you put garden statuary inside the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joni,

    I'm so glad you had Anne do this for you. She really captured the soft creamy tones that are your trademark (at least I think of them as your trademark :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! Both the painting and the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful piece. Absolutely beautiful.

    Our home was on a Holiday tour last year. An artist did a sketch of the exterior of the house. It was matted and framed and presented to us, the day of the tour. We treasure it. I would love something like this, perhaps an interior vignette.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Love your blog( am new to blog-world) Love interior design and Texas, so your site is great....One of our favorite family vacations was staying at the Mansion on Turtle Creek shopping in Highland Park and eating BBQ, while our daughter was at horseback riding camp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that painting! You must show us the painting once it's framed and hanging somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Joni,

    I love what you have done in the house and Anne's painting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all! Linda - Welcome, and Pat - that sounds so lovely, I'd love to have a picture of my house done one day, Ive always wanted that. And to all the regulars, Style and Peak, Patricia, Jordan, Katie, Habit and Melaine - thanks for all your support, it means so much to me to get your comments!!!

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joni, that is an excellent rendering of your lady and the soft beautiful yellow of the room. Anne's Hamptonesque renderings caught my eye the very first time that I saw them and there is also an element of Cecil Beaton and Christian ("Bebe") Berard. I think she is very talented and she has captured your home.

    ReplyDelete